Valentine’s Day is just around a corner.
Do you want to make something homemade for your bf this coming heart’s day?
Or do you need an idea for an easy but yummy dessert to make this Valentine’s day?
Or… Do you want to start a small business that will surely be a hit this love season?
Here is the answer–> OREO TRUFFLES.
First I’ll give you the reasons why:
1. You only need 3 Ingredients
2. Easy and fun to make; No-bake recipe
3. You can use your creative mind with the designs; It can also be a bonding activity with your kids
4. It is super yummy. With Oreo & Chocolates, you will never go wrong- I promise!
5. Perfect for different occasions.
If you are curious, let me show you how to make Oreo Truffles:
54 pcs Oreo or 1 pack crushed Oreos
8oz Cream Cheese, softened
Chocolate (Depends on your liking)
250 grams White Chocolate
250 grams Milk Chocolate
- Crush Oreos in food processor or you can purchase crushed Oreos to make things easier.
- Combine crushed oreo with softened cream cheese using your hands in a large bowl
- Roll into truffle size balls (1 tbsp). Place on baking tray with parchment paper and chill for 1 hour or put in freezer for 20 mins.
- Once ready, melt chocolate and dip oreo balls into chocolate
- Design by using crushed oreo, sprinkles, nuts or melted chocolate
- Put in 1oz liners. Store in fridge and take out when ready to serve or give as gifts
Valentine’s Day Heart Oreo Truffles
– Instead of rolling the oreo & cram cheese mixture into balls, use a silicon heart chocolate mold.
Pointers/FAQS (Stores indicated are located in Manila, Philippines):
1. I use Beryl’s chocolates
2. Melting Procedure:
Finely chop chocolate block
Microwave for 15 secs
Remove the bowl from microwave & stir
Repeat until fully melted
3. Coating Procedure:
Others use toothpicks but we prefer to use spoon & fork to coat
-Put the oreo ball on top of the fork and dip it in your preferred melted chocolate
-Use spoon to pour some of the melted choco on your oreo ball until fully covered
-Use another fork to remove excess choco
-Gently slide the oreo ball to the baking tray with parchment paper
4. I use 1 oz liners
5. Bought containers from All about Baking
Dozen containers: ₱125.00 per 10 pcs
Half Dozen Containers: ₱67.00 per 10 pcs
You can also buy from Chocolate Lover
Dozen containers: ₱145.00 per 10 pcs
Half Dozen Containers: ₱70.00 per 10 pcs
6. Selling Price:
₱200 for 1 dozen
₱100 for 6 pcs
To be honest, I just tried making Oreo Truffles out of curiosity because they look nice.
I got the recipe from the internet and tweaked it a bit.
I really didn’t expect that it will be a hit and we sold lots of dozens every week.
So I hope you will all give it a try.
Allow me to share our Christmas Theme Oreo Truffles we made last Christmas.
Christmas Theme Oreo Truffles: